February 10, 2014

"C" is for Coil

I recently took a tour of Cascade Coil in Tualatin, OR and WOWZA! This place has some serious crazy fun going on. Who knew a metal coil factory could make such amazing products. This is definitely one of my new favorites. I want to cover the world in coil.





Spools and spools of metal wire are twirled around to make custom lengths of coil. And when I say custom, I mean any length you can imagine.

 Then I got backstage access to the Paint Room. It's like they knew I was coming, having purple coil drying on the racks. They can do so many colors!

This bad boy was packaged up and getting ready to head out to a sports stadium. Remember what I said about any size? This one is no joke.

Check out some of these stunning applications from Cascade Coil.

Thanks so much to Joe Ness and Cascade Coil for the super fun afternoon!


No comments: